Value-based payment in healthcare is transforming the delivery of patient care and the quality of patient outcomes.
Traditionally, healthcare providers were reimbursed for the quantity of services they delivered. This often created a misalignment between the needs of patients and the services they were provided, especially when treatment required services from multiple providers. The result: higher costs, substantial waste and less-than-optimal patient outcomes.
Value-based payment in healthcare focuses on quality of care delivered rather than quantity. In value driven healthcare, providers are incentivized to coordinate care more carefully, reducing waste and unnecessary utilization, and lowering the cost of healthcare while improving patient outcomes.
Managing the shift to value-based payment in healthcare will require organizations to develop new value based programs and adopt new technology that can help to improve coordination and communication while transforming workflows and processes.
When seeking solutions to better manage value based healthcare delivery, more healthcare organizations today are turning to technology and solutions from naviHealth.
Solutions for value-based payment in healthcare from naviHealth.
naviHealth provides scalable technology, clinical support services and advisory solutions that enable health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to accomplish their clinical and financial goals. As a Cardinal Health company, we have more than 18 years’ experience in solutions for care transitions, empowering our clients to reduce waste, improve patient outcomes and navigate the shift to value-based payment in healthcare.
By partnering with naviHealth, healthcare organizations are able to:
- Participate in value based healthcare programs such as Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) that can help to increase revenue potential for value-based payment in healthcare.
- Manage care coordination and physician alignment more effectively to reduce readmissions, increase percentages of discharge to the community and improve the quality of care.
- Improve financial results by lowering 90-day episode costs, reducing unnecessary utilization of post-acute care and reducing readmissions.
- Enhance patient outcomes with greater investment in capabilities for post-discharge care coordination.
The patient journey may start at the hospital, but that’s only just the beginning.
How naviHealth solutions support value-based payment in healthcare.
With more than 50 hospitals relying on naviHealth solutions to manage outcomes for approximately 40,000 episodes annually under the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) program, we are the nation’s largest convener for health systems seeking to take advantage of the shift to a value based payment system.
We enable our clients to successfully participate in value-based payment in healthcare by delivering solutions and services that include:
- Scalable technologies and proprietary solutions that impact cost-savings and key metrics affecting value based payment for healthcare such as PAC level of care, high-quality PAC networks and skilled nursing facility utilization.
- Clinical support services that provide more than 420 clinicians who can help to steward patients on their post-acute care journey.
- Analytics and reporting that help to increase provider engagement across the continuum, deliver NPRA support and identify targeted areas for potential savings.
Learn more about value-based payment in healthcare and naviHealth.
How Can We Help you?
Fill in your details below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.