Transitional care management services, or TCM services, are a critical part of providing quality care to patients and reducing healthcare costs.
Patients transitioning from acute to post-acute care are often at their most vulnerable. As they receive treatment from various providers in different healthcare organizations throughout their recovery, the quality of their care may face increased risk through clinical errors, miscommunication, inadequate patient education and lack of coordination between providers.
When TCM services are ineffective, patients may suffer setbacks during their recovery and may be readmitted to the hospital. The cost of providing care may increase, while patient satisfaction may drop. Effective TCM services not only help to improve patient outcomes, but to reduce the overall cost of providing care to an individual patient.
The challenge: few organizations can effectively manage TCM services on their own. They often lack the personnel, time, technology and expertise required to effectively coordinate with clinicians, educate patients, communicate with family caregivers, and hold providers accountable for the services they furnish to patients.
For organizations seeking to significantly improve TCM services while lowering costs and streamlining processes, naviHealth offers clinical support, proprietary technology and expert advisory services to help manage care transitions more effectively and cost efficiently.
An Experienced Partner
We’ve spent more than 18 years pioneering ways to improve every aspect of care transitions for health plans, providers and patients. From discharge planning efficiencies to managing risk for payors and providers, naviHealth is equipped to provide you with a tailored suite of capabilities.
TCM services, products and technology from naviHealth.
naviHealth, a Cardinal Health company, helps health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to deliver highly effective TCM services that can improve patient outcomes, reduce waste, enhance patient satisfaction and lower healthcare costs. With nearly two decades as a pioneer in transition care management, we are uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers.
Our TCM services, technology and solutions include:
- Clinical support services that embed clinicians in hospitals and post-acute facilities to help guide patients through post-acute care and offer insights potential process and clinical improvements.
- Advisory solutions, including data analytics to raise productivity, improve resource allocation, enhance network relationships increase patient satisfaction.
- Scalable technologies that help to identify high risk patients, build high-performing networks, and find appropriate and available providers downstream.
The patient journey may start at the hospital, but that’s only just the beginning.
The advantages of naviHealth TCM services.
With transition of care management services from naviHealth, organizations are able to:
- Engage and manage patients effectively throughout and after 30/60/90 days of their post-acute care journey.
- Increase productivity and patient satisfaction with transition management that better allocates resources across the care continuum.
- Use historical data to analyze and protect the best patient journey.
- Reduce readmissions by placing patients in the most appropriate post-acute care setting.
- Prevent excess PAC utilization and reduce PAC spend.
Learn more about transitional care services from naviHealth.
How Can We Help you?
Fill in your details below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.