As healthcare organizations shift from fee-for-service to value-based care, so is the focus of quality over quantity of services furnished in post-acute care transitions.
The move from an acute to post-acute care setting is one of the most vulnerable points in the healthcare journey. Inadequate care coordination, ineffective communication with patients and clinicians, and the limitations of information sharing between multiple providers can lead to poor patient outcomes, increased readmissions and higher amounts of healthcare spending. By improving post-acute care transitions, healthcare organizations can significantly improve patient outcomes and satisfaction while reducing healthcare costs.
The difficulty presents itself while implementing the processes and best practices for managing post-acute care transitions. Providers such as skilled nursing facilities, home healthcare agencies, inpatient rehab facilities and long-term care hospitals demand advanced technologies to handle post-acute care transitions effectively.
For these post acute care providers, naviHealth provides scalable, proprietary technology that can connect all providers in the post-acute care continuum on a single platform to facilitate seamless post-acute care transitions.
Manage post-acute care transitions with naviHealth technology.
naviHealth has been a pioneering leader in post-acute care transitions for over 18 years. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide post-acute-care expertise, clinical services, advanced technologies and a post-acute care provider network to help organizations meet clinical, financial and quality objectives across the care continuum.
For the post acute care provider, our technologies and post acute care software include:
- Workflow tools that let providers seamlessly coordinate the patient journey by improving referral management, reviewing utilization, and integrating EMRs to improve collaboration and communication during post-acute care transitions.
- Decision support tools that help to identify patient need for post-acute care, determine risk of readmission, individualize patient-centered PAC plans, and identify high-performing quality providers.
- Patient empowerment tools that guide patients toward self-management for better outcomes.
- Post acute analytics and reporting tools that help to compile data to improve operational efficiencies.
The patient journey may start at the hospital, but that’s only just the beginning.
Benefits of naviHealth solutions for post-acute care transitions.
With naviHealth technology and post acute network solutions, healthcare organizations can:
- Enhance communication between providers, patients and caregivers for better post acute care coordination.
- Optimize operational efficiencies to reduce healthcare spending, reduce readmissions and lower length of stay.
- Save time with decision-support tools that let clinicians spend more time focusing on the patient.
- Prevent excess PAC utilization and reduce PAC spend by placing patients in the most appropriate level of care.
- Improve patient satisfaction by providing a more defined and customized journey to recovery.
Learn more about technology for post-acute care transitions from naviHealth.
How Can We Help you?
Fill in your details below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.