As the healthcare market in the US continues to shift toward value-based and patient-centered models of care, the patient experience has emerged as a crucial focus and an important metric in healthcare management.
Patient experience is the sum of interactions that patients have with health systems, from health plans to hospitals and from physician practices to post-acute care providers. As opposed to patient satisfaction, which is a subjective measurement of patients’ feeling about their care, patient experience can be measured by evaluating the various aspects of the care experience available to a patient. These may include timely access to treatment, easy access to health information, and clear communication between providers, patients and their caregivers. As the metric, patient experience determines whether providers performed the tasks that constitute a quality interaction.
Patient experience will be a crucial focus for any healthcare organization seeking to successfully navigate the shift to value-driven healthcare. For many organizations, improving the patient experience will require new healthcare technology and solutions for post-acute care management, process improvement and care redesign. That’s where naviHealth can help.
Improve the patient experience with naviHealth.
naviHealth is a leading care transitions company and an invaluable partner to health plans and health systems navigating the shift to value-based care. With deep post-acute care experience and healthcare risk management expertise, we help healthcare organizations optimize clinical, quality and financial outcomes across the care continuum.
To help improve the patient experience, we provide:
- Clinical support services. With more than 420 clinicians providing telephonic or embedded support at hospitals and post-acute care facilities, we help to steward patients to the most appropriate post-acute setting to improve outcomes, minimize readmissions, reduce unnecessary care and enhance the patient experience.
- Scalable technologies. Our healthcare technology and care coordination software help to automate and standardize many aspects of the care transition process, ensuring consistency and reducing time spent on labor-intensive tasks.
- Advisory solutions. Leveraging our experience and expertise in managing transitions from acute care medical services to post-acute settings, we provide up-front assessments of clinical workflows, discharge patterns and post-acute care networks to improve efficiencies, build insights and benchmark provider performance.
An Experienced Partner
We’ve spent more than 18 years pioneering ways to improve every aspect of care transitions for health plans, providers and patients. From discharge planning efficiencies to managing risk for payors and providers, naviHealth is equipped to provide you with a tailored suite of capabilities.
Benefits of naviHealth solutions for the patient experience.
Utilizing naviHealth solutions, healthcare organizations can improve the patient experience by:
- Streamlining and enhancing discharge processes to ensure patients transition to the most appropriate next level of care.
- Engaging patients and their caregivers more effectively in the post-acute care process.
- Facilitating greater collaboration among providers for improved care coordination.
- Increase patient satisfaction with a more defined and customized patient journey.
Learn more about managing patient experience with naviHealth.
How Can We Help you?
Fill in your details below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.