In the United States healthcare industry, the shift toward value-based care is driven by one overriding goal: improving clinical outcomes. Of course, improving outcomes has significant secondary benefits, including greater patient satisfaction, reduced waste and lower overall costs for providing care to patients.
In the new value-driven models of care delivery – which emphasize quality of care over quantity of services – care coordination is critical to improving clinical outcomes. In the past, acute care case management essentially ended after patients were discharged; coordination of post-acute care was often fragmented, leading to higher costs and less-than-optimal outcomes.
Today, value-based care requires providers to collaborate more effectively as patients transition from acute care medical services to post-acute settings. The emphasis is on managing the patient’s journey more carefully, reducing hospital readmissions and improving clinical outcomes.
For many organizations, navigating the shift in care paradigms requires new healthcare technology and robust solutions that can automate and streamline many of the complex and time-intensive tasks of post-acute care management. That’s where naviHealth can help.
Solutions for improving clinical outcomes from naviHealth.
naviHealth has been a pioneer in care transitions for more than 18 years, helping health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum with the objective of reducing waste and improving clinical outcomes.
As a Cardinal Health company, we have deep experience and extensive resources in managing post-acute care transitions, enabling us to help organizations optimize their clinical, financial and quality outcomes.
Our solutions for improving clinical outcomes include:
- Scalable technologies and care coordination software that help standardize and automate the care transition process, streamlining discharge planning workflows and minimizing the time required to find appropriate and available post-acute providers.
- Advisory solutions that deliver up-front assessments of discharge patterns, clinical workflows and post-acute care networks to improve enterprise-wide efficiencies, develop key insights and benchmark the performance of providers.
- Clinical support services that include hundreds of skilled clinicians who can embed at the hospital or in post-acute facilities, improving clinical outcomes by guiding patients to the most appropriate post-acute setting.
An Experienced Partner
We’ve spent more than 18 years pioneering ways to improve every aspect of care transitions for health plans, providers and patients. From discharge planning efficiencies to managing risk for payors and providers, naviHealth is equipped to provide you with a tailored suite of capabilities.
Benefits of naviHealth technology and services for improving clinical outcomes.
Organizations working with naviHealth solutions for improving clinical outcomes are empowered to:
- Reduce the amount of time spent on labor-intensive care transition tasks.
- Identify high-risk and high post-acute needs patients with evidence-based assessments.
- Rely on data to optimize workflows, allocate resources, increase patient satisfaction and enhance network relationships with providers.
- Guide patients effectively to the right care setting at the right time, improving clinical outcomes and reducing unnecessary utilization.
Learn more about improving clinical outcomes with naviHealth, and about naviHealth case management software.
How Can We Help you?
Fill in your details below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.