2. Types of Data and Collection Methods. Through the Websites, naviHealth receives two different types of information about you.
a. Personally Identifiable Information. naviHealth may collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII” or “Personal Information”) such as your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and certain information related to the business you represent, e.g. number of employees and provider type. naviHealth will collect such PII when you, for example, voluntarily request information, subscribe to a mailing list, register for an event, or respond to an online survey or otherwise actively enter data. In each such instance, you will know what data naviHealth collects through the Website because such Personal Information is submitted by you.
3. Collection, Purposes, Use of Data. naviHealth collects PII primarily for two purposes. First, we collect PII for the purpose for which you originally sent us the information. Second, we collect PII for purposes of contacting you to further discuss your interest in naviHealth, the services naviHealth provides, and ways naviHealth can improve its services.
If at any time after registration or if you have been contacted, you change your mind about receiving information from us, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, many browsers and mobile operating systems enable you to indicate your preference regarding online tracking. You can set your browser or mobile operating system to a “do not track” or similar setting and, when your browser or mobile operating system passes your request to us, we will not serve you targeted advertising, although we may continue to collect Anonymous Information about your use of the Website.
In addition to tracking and auditing activities required under HIPAA and other state and federal regulations, naviHealth also employs sophisticated web tracking and monitoring technology. naviHealth passively tracks and collects Anonymous Information from computer and Internet connections primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our Website and systems, to better understand the preferences of visitors to the Website, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage, and to help improve and enhance user experience.
naviHealth does not sell or license information to telemarketers or other third parties. naviHealth does not share your Personal Information with others, except as follows:
- naviHealth may share the Personal Information naviHealth collects with other companies with whom naviHealth has joint marketing arrangements.
- naviHealth may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as follows:
- With its affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party business partners, such as system integrators, distributors, and referral partners;
- With vendors who provide services for naviHealth on its behalf, such as processing and fulfilling orders; data analytics and storage; assistance with direct marketing and distribution of emails and other communications; fraud prevention services; delivery and logistics; and to accomplish the other purposes for collection described above;
- In the event naviHealth or any of its affiliates file for bankruptcy, or where there is a transfer of ownership (or assets) in connection with proposed or consummated corporate reorganizations of naviHealth or any of its affiliates, such as mergers, acquisitions, or sales of business units;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting naviHealth;
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where naviHealth operates; and
- With your consent.
naviHealth may also disclose Anonymous Information:
- For the same reasons naviHealth might share Personal Information;
- With third party business partners for their own research and analysis; and
- With third-party advertisers or other vendors to place naviHealth advertisements on naviHealth’s Site and on third-party sites, to facilitate targeted content, and to analyze the effectiveness of naviHealth’s advertisements.
4. How Your Personal Information is Protected. We have taken commercially reasonable precautions to protect the data and information under our control from misuse, loss, or alteration. However, since the internet is a public and open facility, “perfect security” does not exist. Our security measures include industry standard technology and equipment to help protect your data. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security and you should take steps to protect your information and transmissions, such as keeping your login and password secure and making sure that you completely log out when you have finished using the Website.
5. Links to Third-Party Products and Services. While you are visiting or using the Websites, you may be presented with an opportunity to link to other web sites or resources. You may also be presented with an opportunity to purchase third-party products or services or to make payments to naviHealth. These products and services are offered and supplied by independent companies not owned or operated by naviHealth. If you click on one of the presented offers, you will be redirected to the website of the third party, and any information you provide will be collected and used by the third party and not by naviHealth. Information you provide to the third party and any dealings you have with third parties will be governed by the privacy and other policies of that third party. Because naviHealth has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that naviHealth is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
7. Compliance with Legal Process. Please be aware that we will release specific Personal Information about you if required to do so in order to comply with applicable law or any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We may also choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
8. Children Under the Age of 13. We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of 18. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will never knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13, without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical.
9. Users in California. We do not share any of your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.